Lyme Association of Greater Kansas City
P.O. Box 25853
Overland Park, Kansas 66225
Hotline: (913) 438-L-Y-M-E (5963)
WHO WE ARE:
The Lyme Association of Greater Kansas City, Inc. is an affiliate of the Lyme Disease Association (LDA) based in Jackson, New Jersey. LDA provides support and Lyme Disease information to a wide range of associations. It is very active in providing resource data and technical data for local, state and federal governments.
- The primary objective and goal for the Lyme Association of Greater Kansas City, Inc. is to provide services to persons diagnosed with Lyme Disease. This service includes providing information to improve their health through video, meetings, books, telephone hotline, and guest speakers.
- To promote cooperation with the Greater Kansas City medical community.
- To promote Lyme disease education, and increase awareness by the general public.
The LAGKC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri. Any donations are tax-deductible.
WHAT WE DO:
- Lyme Education/Information Hotline: (913) 438-L-Y-M-E (5963)
- Hundreds of callers have received help finding information about doctors, symptoms, treatments, support, and living with Lyme disease.
- Monthly meetings: Our programs include a time for group discussion of member symptoms and experiences along with presentations from a variety of professionals, covering topics related to living with and treating Lyme. Past presenters include Lyme literate doctors, disability attorneys, psychologists, physical therapists, and other health or science professionals in related therapy fields.
- When: The fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30pm (Except November & December)
- Where: St. Joseph Hospital Community Center, Kansas City, MO at 1-435 and State Line Rd.
- Primetime Lyme newsletter: Members receive a monthly newsletter via email or US Postal Mail. Each newsletter includes information about upcoming programs, medical and legal news regarding Lyme disease, support information, etc. Archived newsletters are available on the website.
- Support medical, research, and other science professionals as they strive to help people with tick-borne diseases
- Participate in Lyme Awareness Month (May)
- Participate in area Health Fairs
- Provide Lyme information and prevention presentations to adult and youth clubs, school and community groups
- Mail information packets
- Provide media resources
NOTE: The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The Lyme Association of Greater Kansas City cannot diagnose you or tell you how to treat your illnesses. We are not doctors, we are just a group of people sharing the information as it relates to our own personal experiences. We wish you all well.